Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Delaware

USA | Saturday, 13 June 2009 | Views [500]

It's Saturday, it’s raining and we have a few tasks to get through today.

We have a pancake breakfast and then go in search of the neighborhood where I spent the first 5 years of my life. After a few wrong turns we finally come across my childhood home and it looks exactly as I remember it. Not much has changed around here.

At my mothers request, we need to put flowers on my brother's grave, which is very near our old home. Unbelievabley we find the cemetary but there are no flower shops in sight, nowhere. Rubbish.

So we decide to move onto our next task and buy a gift for Kina’s forthcoming baby girl. After spending far too much time (for Rich’s liking) in the baby section of Target, we decide on a gift and head back out into the rain.

We finally find a grocery store that sells flowers and make our way back to the cemetary. After many childhood visits, I remember exactly where the grave is. We run through the rain, place the flowers and pay our respects.

Next stop is a visit to Aunt Sadie, a long time family friend. She is in her eighties and stilly looks amazing. We chat and catch up for a while. By the time we leave her house its almost 5pm and the weather is still crap so we head back to Kina’s place and spend the rest of the night hanging out with Kina and Kalen.

Alicia and Kalen

Alicia and Kalen

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.