Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Under da Sea

MEXICO | Wednesday, 22 April 2009 | Views [365]

We've been contemplating the idea of learning to SCUBA dive for a while and we know it's relatively cheap to do in Mexico. So we go speak to a couple of dive shops. We like dive instructor Andreas and his band of merry men the best, so it's a done deal. We sign up and so long as we do our reading tonight, we can start tomorrow. Don't underestimate the amount of reading you need to do on this course - it's a lot. Of course it makes it easier if you can read while sitting on the beach, sipping a Corona.

Our first lesson is in the pool, getting used to the equipment and practicing a few basic diving skills. Now I'll be the first to admit I'm pretty rubbish at swimming but this is a lot of fun and the two hours we spend underwater fly by. We've also learned why people dive in wetsuits - even though its 90 degrees outside, when you spend 2 hours under the water, it gets cold!

We warm ourselves up with margaritas and guacamole. Now it's time for more SCUBA reading.
Isle Mujeres beach

Isle Mujeres beach

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.