Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

A weekend with Leo & Kelita

BRAZIL | Saturday, 14 March 2009 | Views [481]

Leo meets us at the bus station at 5am. He's blurry eyed and tired. While we were sleeping for the last 4 hrs on the bus, he was out partying, waiting to meet us. After a quick, crazy ride we get to his apartment, where we all crash for the next few hours. We wake to beautiful, sunny skies and after a quick Brazilian breakfast (lots & lots of sweet stuff), head out to explore. Now our explorations are supposed to lead us to museums and historical places of interests. However, after walking through a food market, we end up an art gallery, which leads us to beer at their pretty garden cafe, which leads to food at the mall, which leads to shopping at the outdoor market, which leads to drinks at a trendy bar. And it's at this point that we realize the sun has gone down and we haven't seen anything on the tourist map. Oh well, maybe we'll just go to a club to make ourselves feel better. Leo certainly knows plenty of them!

The plans for our last day in Brazil are to hit a mid morning concert in the park and have lunch in the Japanese district. Well, like yesterday, the plans don't quite work out. Tired from a late night of partying, we all oversleep and manage to make it to the park in time to see the concert end. It's suddenly very clear we don't even have enough time for a sit down lunch before we have to get to the airport. So we take a quick stroll through the crowded Japanese markets, eating food from the stalls along the way - it actually turns out to be a great way to spend out last few hours in the country.

Leo and Kelita see us off at the airport and now we have a few hours to switch from Brazil party mode, to Peru explorer mode....

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.