Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Salvador da Bahia

BRAZIL | Tuesday, 24 February 2009 | Views [440]

We still have another three weeks in Brazil after the end of Carnaval, so we decide to check out Bahia. We booked our flight for the last normal day of Carnaval because in Salvador (the capital of the Bahia region, and site of what is apparently the biggest Carnaval in the world) they don't know when to stop, and have an extra half-day of partying on the Wednesday. This way we get to experience both places' parties - an opportunity too good to miss!

On the flight, we find ourselves sitting next to a Belgian called Ruppert. He's a really interesting guy who's done a lot of travelling - especially in South America - and he's going to be travelling around Bahia on the lookout for a guesthouse/hostel to buy. Maybe we'll see some more of him?

We find our host Aldri waiting for us at the airport. We're going to be staying with his mum who's in the process of setting up a hostel. It's late, after midnight when we arrive and we're worn out from all the previous partying, so we quickly call it a night. Ruppert (who's decided to stay at the hostel with us for tonight) and Aldri decide to go out and party, while we get our much needed rest. Tomorrow is another early start!

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.