Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Relaxed at Candi Dasa

INDONESIA | Tuesday, 24 May 2016 | Views [621]

View from one of the pools

View from one of the pools

The days have blended nicely as we draw close to our final day at Bayshore Villas. The weather has been very hot with a downpour of rain overnight a couple of times. It was wet and gray yesterday but by mid morning it was back to beautiful skies.

The villa we were in was very nice, tucked at the back of a set of 6 looking across the lawn out to the ocean. The staff are exceptionally friendly and eager to assist. We watched one guy scale up a palm that I estimate was at least 4 stories high with no harness, just a machete hanging out of his pocket and fortune on his side. In the top of the palm he walked around chopping away the dead fronds and sending them to earth. Then the coconuts started to rain down with a thud. Down he came and with  job done he  cut a few coconuts for drinking for the audience and he was off to the next one.

Restaurants are very nice here and the few that were recommended by John that we tried are very good. Loaf is a  little coffee shop just up from Bayshore  and is owned and run by 2 Aussie guys which makes great coffee, sandwiches, pies and cakes. It can be said I frequented the place a few times.

It has been very restful here as with not much to do I have read, eaten, drank and swum. it is not a big place with 9 villas of varying size and 7 Bungalows. The grounds are beautifully maintained along with the pools. The Restaurant serves good food at a reasonable price. All in all a terrific stay that I would definately do again.

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.