Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Prague

CZECH REPUBLIC | Monday, 10 September 2012 | Views [222]

After a restful sleep we awoke to light rain.We headed for the station to board the TGV from Lille back to Charles De Gaulle airport. The station is huge and clean. The train pulled in and it was as long as two football fields with a bullet shaped front. Inside was comfortable as we found our seats and waited to go. It left quietly and picked up speed quickly with the countryside flashing past the window. Obviously the shape at the front would throw anything that it hit out of the way. The train trip only took 1 hour and we slipped into the station under the airport. Great train ride....they have conductors as well. Checked in the baggage at Easy Jet as we had a couple of hours to kill and wandered off for a coffee. No seat allocation, you sit where you can so when we arrived at the gate there were lots of people lined up. No problem at all. All on board 20 minutes early, pilot happy, slammed the door and off we went. One hour later we land in Prague on a beautiful afternoon. Hotel had organized a driver to pick us up and 40 minutes later we arrived at Hotel Klarov on the river very close to the "Charles Bridge " It's a beautiful boutique style hotel and we are on the top floor overlooking the river and " Old Town ". The roof has 2 large windows that we can open to let air and sunshine in. It is very comfortable. We walked part of the town and had an authentic Czech meal with massive glasses of  Czech beer. Bed time ready for tomorrow.

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.