Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

Sooo tired *** update ****

JAPAN | Thursday, 2 July 2009 | Views [370]

Got another festival email today, 'Flip' is going to Italy "10th CIRCUITO OFF VENICE INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, San Servolo Island, Venice, 2nd - 5th, September 2009"

Jetlag is awful. I hoped to avoid the worst of it, but no luck. I've been waking up at 2:45 AM for the last 3 days.

Today I was awake, so after laying around for a few hours I started doing some work on my laptop in bed. I was preparing a worksheet for elementary school. I eventually had to stop and run for the shower so i wouldn't be late for work. I am not sure how I would have explained being late for work because I was engrossed in work while I was in bed.

I only have 2 weeks and one day of school left, I was getting a bit sad about it today. I don't think the kids even know I'm leaving for good.

Some of the teachers were talking and my name was coming up. Then the music teacher came into the room, heard the conversation and came over to my desk to ask if I was leaving. When I said yes and that I'd leave Japan 3 weeks after my contract was up she offered her spare room if I want it. That was really surprising and really nice, everyone else is just kind of ignoring me.

But then the music teacher and her family used to live in America, plus I've been editing her daughters speech for the English speech contest that's coming up. Still no movement on a Kurohone entrant, even though the other schools have had their candidates practicing for weeks already.

Oh well, not my problem.

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.