Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

Seventeenth

JAPAN | Thursday, 9 July 2009 | Views [716]

I emailed the travel agent today to book a flight for August 17, arriving in Australia August 18.

So assuming I get confirmation that the flight is available I now have a definite return date.

I went to elementary this afternoon, it's the second last week so from now on each class is the last I'll have with those kids. A few of them gave me goodbye notes and origami cranes. I need to get some help to read them, but they are really cute. I'm going to miss those kids a lot when I go.

In one of the classrooms today I saw a picture of 'English class'. The kids were drawing a picture representing each class they do, and there's one of me looking kind of angry and wearing purple and orange?!

I took a picture and I'll post it in the gallery sometime later.

Starting to feel a bit lost here, there's a lot to do to get ready to go, but I'll probably leave it till after the end of the contract on July 28. That still gives time to sort myself out.

The new ALT won't be living in my little house, I might be the last, for a while at least. So I can stay on here for a while and take my time cleaning up the place and sorting stuff to send home. I'll need to give away a bunch of stuff, clothes I'll never wear again etc. I'm not really a fan of smart casual polo shirts etc. But I've had to wear them for work.

Everytime something happens here now I wonder if it will be the last time for me. There's a lot I never got around to, but that's always the way. Plus I'll have to fit in at least one trip to somewhere further away than Tokyo before I go.

Have to write a goodbye speech for the closing ceremony next week as well, I wonder if I can get away with about 10 seconds of Japanese.

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.