Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

Over

JAPAN | Monday, 29 June 2009 | Views [388]

It's a little before 8AM, I have a flight from Palm Springs at 10:12, have to breakfast and go.

Yesterday I got up at 4:45 AM to go for a drive to an inland lake called the Salton Sea with some people I met here. It was way too early, I had about 4 hrs sleep.

Today I had to get up and get ready to catch the plane, I got to bed around 2 and had the wake up call at 7, so only 5 hrs. I am soooo tired right now, and I'll be jetlagged in Japan. Not going to be fun.

I have done a little more sight seeing here than I did last time i.e. last time in 2005 I only watched movies, this time I saw the art gallery, walked around downtown, drove out to the Salton Sea and also took the cable car up the mountains. You can see pictures in the gallery.

At the screening last night there were films starring (and some made by) famous people. It was called 'shooting stars'. The stars didn't actually turn up though. Demi Moore and Courtney Cox both directed short films but neither turned up in Palm Springs. The most famous person there was Madeline Zima, there's a photo in the gallery, I'll let you work out who she is for yourselves.

Now it's back to reality :(

Have to start planning the next trip, if only some more festivals would get back to me.

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.