Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

Palm Springs

JAPAN | Wednesday, 24 June 2009 | Views [553] | Comments [1]

I am in Palm Springs after a couple of days in LA. Jason Badower let me sleep on his floor in LA. There was an air mattress involved, so it was pretty comfortable. I was surprised at the huge apartment he's sharing. He has a flatmate, but they both have large bedrooms with full sized bathrooms attached. There's a shared living space and kitchen that is really big. Pretty impressive setup.


On Sunday Jason and his girlfriend Heather took me out to Griffith observatory, which was very busy but also really cool.

Monday I got some postcards printed for 'Flip' at a print shop close to Jason's house. They did a good job, but only printed half the cards at first, I had to remind them to print the rest. In the end I got 100 cards to take to palm Springs and put out among the tables advertising the various films.

Today was the first day of the festival. This morning I was interviewed for local television with some other filmmakers. The interview will be online from tomorrow at this address:

http://www.kpsplocal2.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=3896612&at1=Community&h1=P.S. ShortFest Art Attack

If this doesn't work, go to www.kpsplocal2.com and find the 'Eye on the Desert' section to see the interview. It's called P.S. shortfest Art Attack

Tonight was the opening night screening and party. The highlight for me was meeting Ted Raimi, the brother of Sam Raimi. Ted Raimi is here as director of a short film. He's better known as an actor, he appeared in Xena, Hercules, the Spiderman movies etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing his movie on Friday.

Comments

1

Saw the tv thing you superstar you. Ever seen Griffith observatory the comic strip by Bill Giffith (zippy the pinhead guy)?

  Neale B Jun 25, 2009 12:24 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.