Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

good news

JAPAN | Thursday, 18 June 2009 | Views [402]

I just heard from MIAF that 'Flip' is screening 3 times during the festival. I had thought it was only in the Australian Panorama, which screens once at 4PM  on Saturday afternoon, but it has also been included in the International Program #2. So it will have additional screenings at 5PM on Wednesday and 3PM on Saturday.


This seems like a last minute change, as I was originally only told about the Australian Program. It's always nice to be included in the bigger program, I like to think it puts the film on a higher level to screen in a collection of films drawn from around the world rather than around the country. Of course I'm also aware that the length of my film makes it easy to program, it's less than 2 and a half minutes so it can be squeezed in to a session pretty easily.

A lesson I hope my old students will take to heart.

I have 2 days left before leaving for the US, I'll be in LA till monday evening, I'll probably have to get some cards priinted in LA before I go to Palm Springs Monday night, but I imagine there are plenty of Kinko's around.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jason Badower in his new environment. He's making a name for himself as a comic book artist in the US and seems extremely happy there.

I had a meeting with my supervisor yesterday, the residents tax I have to pay will be fully reimbursed by the city if I get the receipts to them, which is nice. But I have to organise it before I go. I also spoke about the replacement ALT for Kurohone, and the need for different living arrangements. The board of education is unwilling to get a different apartment, but I agree that if the living conditions were better they would have an easier time getting teachers to stay for more than a year. My supervisor agrees and is continuing to try and get a different apartment closer to civilisation.

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.