Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

London

JAPAN | Thursday, 21 May 2009 | Views [236] | Comments [1]

Just got confirmation yesterday from the London International Animation Festival that Flip has been selected. I kind of knew this was on the cards as the Melbourne festival and the London festival are run by the same people and I had been given an unofficial heads up that Flip was likely to be included.

I think that the majority of the Melbourne program is picked up and taken to London. They also accept direct entries and run a British animation section as well. The screening takes place in late August/early September. I'm waiting on other festival news for the second half of the year, if I can put together a round the world tour with a few festival screeings along the way it would be awesome.

Not a lot else going on lately. I'm much busier at work this term. The extra school visit on wednesday's really helps. The kids aren't scared of the freaky white giant anymore, they are quite forward and I often feel something on my arm and find a little kid standing there stroking the blond hair. It's odd, but at least they are getting used to someone who doesn't look Japanese.

Last weekend Marcus and I were going to have a picnic with Wakana and a friend of Marcus's. But the weather was bad so Marcus and I ended up at Wakana's apartment for lunch. It is a really nice place, like a real home, very different from my damp smelly little house. Wakana and her mother were very gracious hosts and looked after us very well.


Tony Flowers and his family are coming to Japan soon, I'm not sure if I will be able to coordinate with their movements, but I'm hoping to see them while they're here.

Not much else to report, just looking forward to the new Star Trek movie getting here on the 29th (finally) and then going to the US next month.

See you later.

Comments

1

Wow, congratulations on the festival screenings!!

  Damala May 31, 2009 11:18 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.