Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

Mouldy

JAPAN | Monday, 11 May 2009 | Views [395] | Comments [2]

There are some pictures of the flowers around the school near my house in the gallery. You will also see that there’s a giant bee in one of them, it’s hard to see how big so I have included a photo of one of the flowers next to a 50 cent coin for reference. These things are massive.
On other fronts, I have been getting internet frustration. I thought I found a free internet hotspot at a local restaurant, but it kept dropping out and cutting the connection, on the weekend I worked out that the wifi connection is probably coming from the NTT office next door. NTT is like Japan’s Telstra.
I can use the connection if I  stay outside, so I was sitting on my bike with my laptop out for a while. I got a lot of very strange looks. I guess I can take my car in to town and sit in the carpark for a while, it would be less conspicuous.
Not having internet at home is so annoying.
Thanks for the suggestion Neale, but where I can find Tea Tree oil around here is a mystery.
Speaking of mould, my house smells of it again. I scrubbed the bathroom, washed the mattress cover and washed the floor under the mattress with bleach. Still there’s a mould smell. I’m likely to just give up and ride it out for the last couple of months. Can ‘t wait to say goodbye to the damp and dingy little house.

Comments

1

I told Neale that.
I had a dream about giant things, giant Kookaburras.

  Clint May 12, 2009 2:27 PM

2

Hey Peter, I've heard plain white vinegar is best at killing mould!:)

  Damala May 31, 2009 11:16 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.