Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

Going to California

JAPAN | Friday, 17 April 2009 | Views [257]

I confirmed tickets and hotels etc. today. I'll be flying out on June 20th and coming back on June 28th, but because of the time difference I'll actually lose a day on the way back and will arrive on the evening of the 29th :(

I'll miss the closing night of the film festival but I have to get back to work.

The festival runs from the 23rd to the 29th. I'll stay in LA for a couple of days and fly to Palm Springs late on the 22nd. So I'll be there for the first day right through to the 28th, when I leave in the morning, so I'll have to miss the last 2 days. Hopefully 'Flip' will screen before then, if not I can't do anything about it. I might send an email to the festival and beg for an early screening date.

In LA I'll hopefully be staying with Jason Badower for a couple of days. He's over there working as a comic book artist, should be fun. I have a hotel in Palm Springs booked, it was one of the cheapest  could find, I know from last time that Palm Springs is not pedestrian friendly, and I know this hotel is a long way from the cinema. I stayed on the same road, last time and it took around 40 minutes to walk to the theater, but it was high summer and stinking hot then, with the change in date I hope it will be cooler. Worst case I can always get a taxi, but I never seem to think of that.

This Sunday I'll be riding with the Japanese touring group again. Apparently we're going to see some kind of pink moss that's famous. It's an early start unfortunately, have to get up at 6:30.

Should be fun though, now that I'm looking at the home stretch on JET there may not be many rides left, soon I'll have to think about selling the bike.

I planned on getting another bike in Australia straight away, but if I'm traveling a lot I'll probably have to wait, I need the money to pay for travel and won't be there to ride it much anyway.

Ok, it's Friday afternoon and I need to get to the post office to send a few more festival entries, see you later.

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.