Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

May weekend

JAPAN | Monday, 20 April 2009 | Views [404]

I think there's something in my house making me sick, I had another bad night last night, but seem to be better today. It's time to throw out anything I ate yesterday that might possibly be contaminated. I think I'll stop using tap water as well, it looks a little cloudy. Pity coz I have some jelly left that I made on Friday. I brought 2 packets of Aeroplane jelly from home. I'll make the next one with bottled water.

Stayed home on Saturday and finished reading the second of 2 novels I bought on my way out of Thailand. They are huge epic stories and probably should have taken months, but my ocd kicked in and I had to commit myself to reading in every spare minute till I was done. It's a relief that I'm finished I have a lot of other stuff to do.

I made up a new poster for 'Flip' on the weekend, when i get screening information froom Palm Springs I'll have to get a couple printed to put up at the theater and in the press room at the festival.

You can open a low res PDF version at the bottom of the page if you go to www.fonetikfilms.com/flip

I went riding again on Sunday, you can take a look at the gallery. The weather is much warmer and while it was a bit chilly in the morning it started to get uncomfortably hot in the afternoon, even though I'd removed the warm lining from my bike jacket.

I went to Marcus's place later, turns out he was making chili fries again and Yumiko and Natalie (an ALT from Canada) came around. I didn't stay as it was going to be 8pm before they were ready to eat and by then the temperature was dropping rapidly. I left around 6:30 PM and was kicking myself for not bringing a bag with some warm gear.

Just going back a second, it was amusing to think that as Marcus pointed out, only in Japan would it be perfectly reasonable for a bunch of guys get together and ride their motorcycles to go see a field of pink flowers. It was nice and all, but a little odd if you think about it. As usual there were a couple of other stops, at a temple and a river.

I've 100% committed to finishing up with JET, it's a good feeling but at the same time I know it will be sad to say goodbye to the kids. I feel a bit sorry for leaving them but in the end I'm just an assistant who they see briefly each week and they'll get another one to replace me easily enough.

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.