Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

Sketch contest

JAPAN | Friday, 17 October 2008 | Views [566] | Comments [1]

Postman Patto (it's a lame katakana English joke, but it's my favourite picture)

Postman Patto (it's a lame katakana English joke, but it's my favourite picture)

Internet is driving me crazy, the connection at work barely works during the day, I have to stay back late to use it with anything like reliability. Lately I've had a lot on though so I haven't been here much after hours.

We had the food fair trip, it was OK. Good to get out of town for a day. We went to the food fair and then to a science museum, it was cool.

Next week is the judging for the annual sketch contest at school, the art teacher asked me to help judge so that'll be fun. There are a few nice pieces coming along, it will be interesting to see the finished work.

I went to Tokyo last Sunday and went shopping for bike gear in Ueno. Waka came along and helped translate which was good because I'm still useless. I had hay-fever about a week ago and took some pills that really made me sleepy, I'm tired at the best of times so it was tough staying awake in class, I'm still pretty drained now and having trouble sleeping.Nothing new there then.


Tomorrow I pick up my bike, so nothing is worrying me too much at the moment. Hiruma-sensei, the home-making teacher at school has really helped me out with the bike. Her father owns a bike shop and he went to a lot of trouble to help me locate the bike I wanted, especially since I'm not buying it from him. He has offered to do any of the mechanical/maintenance work that comes up. Hiruma-sensei also assists at the Japanese school I go to on Saturdays, so tomorrow after class she's driving me to the shop to pick up the bike, I'm pretty relieved because it's miles away and I obviously can't drive there by myself.

Sunday there's a halloween pumpkin carving event in the city I'm 'volunteering' at. There's no chance of Tokyo this weekend (opening of the film festival) So it will have to be next weekend.

Comments

1

Let me show you make motorbike scars when you get back!! Emma & school is in Nikko today till Wednesday!

  Neale B Oct 20, 2008 7:54 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.