Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

Maybe this explains a few things?

JAPAN | Thursday, 9 October 2008 | Views [333] | Comments [3]

http://abc.com.au/news/stories/2008/10/08/2385118.htm?section=australia

I guess this has been in the news in Australia, but it mentions this natural alternative to sugar has been in use in Japan for some time. It might explain why desserts here are so sweet and why so many skinny young girls seem to eat so much crap without gaining weight. I went to a crepe place a couple of weeks ago with Andrew and Wakana, the banana crepe I had was filled with sickly sweet mock cream and flavoured topping, plus a banana of course. If you assume there's no actual milk fat in the 'cream' and no sugar in the rest of it then I guess it fairly harmless. Made me feel pretty sick though.

Big news, I bought a bike yesterday. It's a Honda CB400SS in mint condition. A 2001 model with only 1,690kms on the clock, I'm excited but I have to wait till the 18th to pick it up. Soon I will be cruising on two wheels again.

I know Mum is probably getting worried by now, but keep in mind speed limits here are usually around 40-50kms per hour, when I get a chance to do 60kms it feels like I'm flying along at top speed.

Photos when I have the bike in my possession.

I need a trip to 'Bike Town' in Tokyo to get some gear. Gloves, boots and weatherproof pants etc. I'm looking forward to it.

I often sit around home thinking I should go somewhere, but I don't enjoy driving and there's nowhere I really want to go. With a bike the destination is irrelevant, I can just get on and ride for the fun of it. I should be seeing a lot more of the countryside pretty soon.

Comments

1

Um...cruising by motorBike is more convenience but its also need to be more careful though, take good care then.
I remembered you were on the ride in the States during the film festival in last few years.

  pat Oct 11, 2008 2:17 AM

2

Were you still high from the sugar hit when you bought the bike?? You sound excited but do take care...oh and good luck finding long enough leathers over there....sayonara for now!

  Jo Quinn Oct 13, 2008 7:34 PM

3

Have fun Evil Kanival!

  Jacqui Oct 25, 2008 10:14 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.