Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

Surprises

JAPAN | Monday, 6 October 2008 | Views [553] | Comments [3]

Today is Monday the 6th of October. Last Friday we had another seminar thingy in a nearby town.

We were sent a map that made it look like the venue was directly over the road from the station, but no, it was a good 20 minute walk if you knew where you were going. Longer when you didn't, by the time we started the seminar about a third of the people still hadn't arrived.

I came out of the seminar determined to be early to work, normally I'm just on time, last week I had trouble sleeping and was late one day, like 90 seconds late but the morning meeting had started when I came in so it was a bit embarrasing. It's a good thing I made the effort today because when I got in to the office I found everyone was dressed in suits and ties. No-one had told me that today was the staff photo day. I had to run back and get into a suit, luckily I was 15 minutes early and had time.

Later this morning when the mail arrived I got a nice surprise, my niece Shelbui sent a letter and bunch of drawings. They will really help to brighten up my house.

Saturday I went to Japanese language class in the morning and then to a game park called Round-1 in the afternoon. It's actually a big building that you pay a flat fee to get into, then there's 5 floors of activities you can do. Roller skating (I tried but fell over a lot and looked really pathetic), video games, indoor soccer/tennis/basketball/volleyball etc. Plus archery, baseball batting and pitching cages and lots of other stuff. They have ten-pin bowling but it costs extra and the guys I was with didn't want to pay more. We're planning to go back soon though.

Comments

1

Emma & Huntingdale Primary are on NHK's 'Ohayo Nippon' 6.20 and around 8.00 on Oct 8. If you have time & a telly!

  Neale B Oct 7, 2008 12:08 PM

2

Shelbui will be sooooo pleased that you have put her picture on your Blog. Can't wait to show her when she comes home from her sleepover party tomorrow. She keeps telling me that she misses Uncle Peter.

X Jac

  Jacqui Oct 25, 2008 10:10 PM

3

Thanks for putting my picture on your Blog. Love Shelbuix

  Shelbui Oct 26, 2008 8:51 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.