Existing Member?

There and Back Again The continuing travels of me

cruising

JAPAN | Wednesday, 22 October 2008 | Views [408] | Comments [2]

After the festival I went for a very long ride and found some out of the way places

After the festival I went for a very long ride and found some out of the way places

I have done around 300kms on the bike since Saturday afternoon, which considering the low speed limits here is quite a lot of riding.

I am starting to get back some confidence, unfortunately the helmet I ordered hasn't arrived yet, the shop owner loaned me his helmet till it turns up, but it's too big and is a distraction as it wobbles around. I bought a spare helmet, it's not full face and it's a bit cheap but it fits properly which is a lot safer as it doesn't shift when I move my head.

The other helmet should turn up soon, and when it does I'll have a spare in case anyone wants a ride someplace.

It is starting to get a bit cold though, so far I'm warm enough with the gear I have, but this weekend I'll look for a good armoured jacket and some more pants with insulation, the ones I have are water proof and have knee armour but they aren't warm.

On the weekend just past I volunteered at a pumpkin carving stand at a festival in Kiryu, it was kind of fun, very hot day though, after it was over I went for a realy long ride and found some very out of the way but picturesque places.

Tokyo again this coming weekend, it's the final days of the Tokyo International Film Festival so I want to get a few screenings, plus it's good to get a hotel room and sleep in an actual bed. I've got to do something about that sometime, I can't sleep on the floor forever.

Comments

1

Well the beast is not too bad looking after all....Neale has done nothing but talk 'Japan' all week and I think can't wait to see Emma back home. Warming up here and work is busier than ever...Talk soon

  Jo Quinn Oct 24, 2008 9:17 PM

2

The bike is very nice, you should have got someone to take a photo of you on it though.

  Jacqui Oct 25, 2008 10:19 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.