Existing Member?

Blurred memories Memoirs of a lost and bewildered Australian chick through Europe.

Shoes

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 3 March 2008 | Views [386]

I went to Southampton on the weekend to buy those sensible shoes that i have been dreading buying for the last week. Southampton is big, grey and dull. But at least is has a few shops actually worth going to. How can i put this nicely.....um...bearable to visit if necessary, but i would rather eat my brand new sensible shoes than live there. So, off i went on Saturday morning, under protest to buy the afforementioned footwear. I had read and reread the uniform policy trying to work out just how far i could stretch the concept of plain, black , leather , covered-in, sensible work shoes. Trying gallantly to find a way where this could equate into funky, not boring, individual etc. etc. shoes which i feel is more "me". Unfortunately this was not to be. As it is Southampton has a huge varity of awesome shoes, alot of which i would haved loved to buy in a heartbeat, the only proble was that none of the shoes which caught my eye were plain, black , leather , covered-in, sensible work shoes.

So i unfortunately had to buy a boring pair of black shoes from clarks. They had some lovely brown ones, an awesome pair of blue ones with stars on them....and i had to buy the boring black ones. £60ish later i am now the "proud" owner of some sensible shoes. I wore them today at work. I think they are going to take some breaking in because my feet are protesting at their boredom and have decided that although they fit comfortably in the store on saturday, today they just don't feel right.

I miss my green crocs......... 

Tags: Shopping

About nadscol


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.