Existing Member?

Blurred memories Memoirs of a lost and bewildered Australian chick through Europe.

Oh the HORROR!

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 27 February 2008 | Views [438]

The world is ending - no  , the sky is falling - probably not, worse....... i've just had the uniform policy explained to me at work (quite pointedly) and it is going to be enforced. Well you may laugh at the drama of this, but everyone at liverpool will know of my slight aversion to things like sensible shoes and realise how traumatic this is for me. Let me give you a run down of the utterly ridiculous and constrictive rules i must now follow.

1. Hair must be neat, tidy, and if long be tied up ubove the collar preferably in a bun. Hairties must be blue or black.

2. ONE pair of earrings only, plain studs only are allowed

3. No visible chains around the neck.

4. No watches, rings, bracelets or anything for that matter is to be bellow the elbows. The only exception to this is a plain wedding band.

5. Socks must be black or navy

6. Shoes must be black, leather and covered in.

This is the gist of the rules. As you can see i would obviously have problems with all of them, particularly numbers 5 and 6. Feel my pain....its horrible. (Yes i know Shakun and Beata will be laughing their heads off!)

So this weekend i'm going to Southampton to buy SENSIBLE shoes. Life is not fair. 

Tags: Misadventures

About nadscol


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.