Existing Member?

Blurred memories Memoirs of a lost and bewildered Australian chick through Europe.

London, heaven on earth

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 9 January 2006 | Views [1152] | Comments [1]

I LOVE LONDON! it really is heaven on earth, i don't know why alot of english people are so miserable about it. Granted, i don't live there so this cannot be a truly objective comment, but i really really liked it there. Here are my reasons:

1. Obviously the biggest thing that london has going for it is lords. english people do not realise how good they've got it . i did a tour there  the other day. brilliant, breath taking, beautiful. i can admit it, i cried (not full blown sobbing but definate runny eyes) anyone who knows me well will not be suprised about this.the waiting list to be a member is only 23 years. i'm definately putting my name down. My logic is this: by the time i'm 45 i hope to be rich enough to afford to go to england to watch the cricket at least for every ashes series.

2. I love london weather. its grey, its bleak , its miserable. the kind of weather that you really can feel comfortable in (well i can)

3. The tube: cityrail in sydney take note. On the days i was there nearly every single tube train thing i took was ON TIME (well within 3-4 minutes) if a service was not going to be on time passangers were given lots of warning and even an explanation on why it was running late. Announcements both at the stations and on the tube were loud, clear, and understandable. Even informative, eg. this station is blah blah, change here for this line, alight here for this major tourist attraction. And, to top it off the staff seemed to be quite helpful and they spoke fluent english!   

The only things i didn't like was the pound (the exchange rate between it and the australian dollar is not very favourable for us aussies) , they seem to think australian like fosters (bluh), sausages don't look right, and they're very very proud of themselves for beating us in the ashes.

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Hey Nads!!!!!! I love reading your journals on how you're going on the other side of the world. I'm so glad that you're having a great time. I can't wait until you come home and tell us all your stories and show us your photos. Love Cheree :)

  chereeday Jan 10, 2006 4:22 PM

About nadscol


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.