Existing Member?

4 Over 5: The World is My Home

It's a Good Day to be Alive

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 24 October 2019 | Views [169]

The journey into El Chalten would have been enough. Sitting in a luxury two story bus with a full on windshield in front and window beside, I was treated to the most amazing view of the Cheltan mountain range.  It felt like we were being engulfed by it. At one point I looked to the lake and saw icebergs floating in the water. I was so happy that this was how I spent part of my morning. Yet the best was yet to come. Before entering the town, we were given a briefing at the National Park Visitor Center where we were warned that bad weather was coming this weekend so we should make the most of the day.  At that point it was rather cloudy and we were told that Mt Fitz Roy was not visible. The Ranger told us not to be discouraged though because in the mountains the weather is always changing.

Wow was he right.  I took the Ranger''s advice and decided to hike to the Mt Fitz Roy viewpoint.  The climb offered all sorts of amazing views as well as flora and fauna of interest. The clouds had cleared and the sun was shining brightly. However, at points along the ascent it was so windy I felt like I was going to blow over. Alas, for the effort, I was rewarded with the most incredible view!  It was jaw dropping. I could think of nowhere else I would rather be. I didn't want to leave. Luckily on the way down the wind had died down and the mountains were on full display. 

What a good day! 

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.