Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 244: Post-trek recovery in Nelson

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 6 July 2008 | Views [520]

Sunday 6th July

I had a good, comfortable nights sleep and got up feeling well. It was another beautiful day in Nelson, and the claim that it is one of the sunnier towns in New Zealand rang true. After breakfast, I sorted out my stuff from the trek and got it all in order, did some laundry and replied to a few emails. I spent some time on the internet and could have stayed indoors for most of the day but forced myself to take a walk to the supermarket to get some stuff for dinner. It was a cold evening but also clear and crisp.

I had decided to stick with Danika and Tom for a few more days, as the Magic Bus schedule meant that I would have to hang on in Nelson for another day, while the guys were heading towards Nelson Lakes National Park for two nights; I figured that two days spent somewhere new was better than hanging about in the same place for one. I packed my backs as much as I could so I could relax for the rest of the evening and not have to do a great deal the following morning.

Danika and I made a fantastic dinner of burgers and chips, and had enough left over to do us for lunch the next day. I called Donal & Leona after and caught up with them, and I found them both in good form and looking forward to the arrival of their little one in September. With little else to do around the hostel, I turned in for the night.

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.