Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 199: A 'day off' from the ocean

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 22 May 2008 | Views [554]

Thursday 22nd May

I had gone to bed after the football at 06.00 but couldn't really sleep as I was still on a high at the thought of United being European champions once again. I got up again at 08.30 to see if the replay was on the TV in the camp kitchen, but I had no luck. I called over to the cabin in which I had watched the game in the early hours of that morning to see what had become of the guys, and they were looking rough. Some of them were still drunk and planning on driving a few hundred kilometres up the coast, which was clearly a bad idea. No matter what happened, they couldn't stay at the campsite any longer as they had finally been kicked out and asked not to come back. The only thing that surprised me about that was that it hadn't happened earlier in the night.

I had nothing planned for the day, and I had the opportunity to take a break from all of the activity of the previous couple of days. So, I just relaxed by the pool, sat on the internet for a bit, and got chatting to some really nice people who were staying in the rooms near me: Else from Belgium and Sonia from Austria. There was a particularly friendly atmosphere about the place and, although I was missing the group of people who had left on the Easy Rider bus the day before, I was still enjoying my time in Exmouth. I also had fun hanging out with Daniele and a Kiwi girl called Katie.

Later in the evening, we watched some of 'The Simpsons Movie' which was being shown on a big screen on one of the lawns near the camp kitchen, but I couldn't stay up any later than 20.30, so I made my excuses and left for the night, and to get a decent nights sleep. I was due to be picked up for my last dive in Exmouth at the unearthly hour of 06.00 so needed to get an early night anyway.

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.