Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 140: On the beach again

CAMBODIA | Monday, 24 March 2008 | Views [635] | Comments [1]

Monday 24th March

After a decent lie-in, I was feeling refreshed after having been completely knackered the day before. Maria and I needed to get our visas for Vietnam sorted ahead of our trip there (visas aren't available at the border crossings, unlike other countries in SE Asia, so you are required to get them in advance). We took a moto-taxi to the Vietnam Consulate, and it took us all of twenty minutes to get the visas put in our passports – it must be one of the most hassle-free visa applications going! We couldn't believe how painless and quick it had been, and set off to the beach, happy that we had that potential chore out of the way.

We went back to the same quiet spot on Sokha Beach but, again, it was another largely dull day. We hung out there for the afternoon, and worked on the all-important tan (it had faded considerably since the last time I had been by the sea on Ko Tao in Thailand a month and a half before).

After dinner of some very tasty local fish and rice, the football match of the previous day was replayed on the TV, and I enjoyed watching United win 3-0 and hopefully set up another league title. Some of the waiters were also football fans and it proved a good talking point between us (and another example of how useful football can be in starting conversations with complete strangers). They are very nice, friendly people, who Maria and I enjoyed talking to very much, and they contributed to making our stay there to be a very good one.

 

Comments

1

Hi, we're right now in Battambang. We'll go tomorrow to get the visa for vietnam. Do you remember how much you paid? Cheers, Iñaki
By the way, great trip and blog

  Iñaki Mar 25, 2012 10:42 PM

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.