Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 51: Boxing Day

INDIA | Wednesday, 26 December 2007 | Views [711]

Wednesday 26th December

I knew it was almost time to hit the road again, so I spent the early part of the day trying to book an onward train ticket to Kerala, where I was planning to spend the last leg of my time in India. This was to prove a complete pain in the arse, with the ticket reservation website simply not working, and so I couldn't buy a ticket. I have met a few people who said that South East Asia is a much easier place to get things done and to move about in, and I really hope they are right, because it is very difficult to get things to work properly in India. It seems there will be frustrations to the very end.

During the afternoon, Pete and I used a couple of 'boogie boards' (smaller, shorter, rectangular surf boards) in the reasonably large waves that regularly sweep towards the beach. This was great fun, a bit difficult to judge where and when to catch the wave as it came in, but I managed to get it right a few times, ending up right back at the shoreline. I think I got a bit of a surfing bug - albeit a simpler form - and would love to try out the real deal at a later stage of the trip.

After another unsuccessful attempt to book the train ticket, we rounded off the evening with a spot of football viewing, catching the second half of the Chelsea-Villa game, and the United-Sunderland game, which was a crap game but helped put me in the mood for some sleep and so I got an early night.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.