Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 26: Riding high in Jodhpur

INDIA | Saturday, 1 December 2007 | Views [607]

Saturday 1st December

After a good sleep and breakfast on the rooftop of the guesthouse - with the blue houses packed on top of one another all around forming the view - I took another trip to the Meherangarh Fort and bought a ticket for the audio tour of the building the museum contained within it. It was most interesting, an excellent guide which was a cut above some of the presentations at historical sites I had visited in India.

After finishing this, I set about finding information on the bus to Jaisalmer where I was headed next. The main commercial centre is focussed on the Clock Tower area in the middle of town where you can buy all manner of things from cheap clothes to ladders made from bamboo. Walking through town involved the usual crowds but without the hassle of other places.

In fact, I liked Jodhpur a lot, not least because of the people. The owners of the Amar Niwas guesthouse - Sunil & Neena - were very welcoming people, making an effort to make the place feel like home. The peace and quiet of the place, with the rooftop providing a relaxing spot in a busy town, has been very refreshing after the relative frustrations encountered in Delhi, Agra and Pushkar. And I couldn't think of an occasion where I had been ripped-off once. Maybe I had, but I didn't care, sometimes it's just easier not knowing!

Tags: Sightseeing

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.