Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Siguatepeque

HONDURAS | Monday, 19 November 2012 | Views [1277]

The long road in the rain in Honduras.

The long road in the rain in Honduras.

We kept our minds open to find a nice place around Lake Yojoa, but it started raining SO HARD, we couldn't see or feel anything for too long, except the growling of our bellies. It seems difficult to get a decent meal and actually "fill the tank". Though we escaped from the rain for a little while, finding a buffet with plenty of good food- all you can eat, the right place for hungry cyclists!

After this proper meal the "tank" was filled enough and I thought the next 20km would be a "piece of cake", after James asked me if I wanted to "call it a day" and check into this nice new little hotel right next to the road. No, i said, let's go..........As he was joking: hope the next 20km aren't all up hill. 
Yes, you guessed right: they were!!! Higher and higher we climbed into the clouds, the rain, the "no hotel" and the dark and the many, many cars and trucks. It wasn't really that late, but it's dark early as we are in the middle of November. Not a good place to ride the roads in the dark. So far we have done pretty well by being settled before dark, but just not this time. We had to keep going to the next town, which was Siguatepeque - a decent hotel was found alas! Tired, soaked, hungry again, but too tuckered to eat, a bit pissy, we went to sleep in clean sheets, after a hot shower in a cold room.

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.