Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Puerto Cortes to San Pedro

HONDURAS | Monday, 19 November 2012 | Views [1731]

Storm in Puerto Cortes, Guatemala.

Storm in Puerto Cortes, Guatemala.

We knew Puerto Cortes wasn't the place to get bike parts, but it sucked in every other aspect too!

Ok, maybe it's time to stop my bitching and work on an attitude adjustment, but, no, when things suck, they just suck and when they don't they don't and I will let you know when the change happens. I do try to find my inner peace, my inner sunshine, but, here I am on this trip of a life time and I am going to let every up and down part count for what it really is!
Ok, the sun came out for a day and as we started our descent ( I am talking about heading south now) to the town of San Pedro. All together and in spite of the warm and soothing raise of the sun I could not find a safe warm feeling for Honduras. I have been more sexually harassed in this country by males of all ages, then anywhere else on this trip. There is an undertone of utter disrespect in the gestures and noises that these men produce. And it wasn't just my state of mind!
San Pedro wasn't a place to linger, but we got the Gurly in a better place - fixed enough that she would stop limping and make it to San Jose with us both in one piece. (Or two, but I tend to be one with my bike these days....)
We left the same afternoon and spend the night just outside of town in a dump of a place (pitching the tent was out of the question - just didn't feel safe) and where heading for the hill, or better: mountains of Honduras the next day.

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.