Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Honduras

HONDURAS | Monday, 19 November 2012 | Views [1140]

At this point we just had to get through and blast through the Honduran mountains to get to the pacific coast. Tegucigalpa was a maybe, but the Lonely Planet pointed out so many dangers, we decided to "tiptoe" around it and just hope for better weather. Man/woman, it is cold up there (1500m again)

We had looked at a potential shortcut, but as it turned out to be a dirt road again and some friendly people at a gas station around Comayaguela suggested to take the saver route on the main road to Tegucigalpa, we thought about our last attempted and how we got lost in the wet hills before........not a hard decision. No need to look for adventure! We've got it!
One more night (we managed to stay at a police station, like in the good old days in Mexico), the rain quit, the uphill, the downmountain (not hill) was done and the pacific side had us back. At the first stop, we ate a whole watermelon on the side of the road, dying of thirst and happy to be too hot (me, at least).
Last night in Choluteca and over the border to Nicaragua.

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.