Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Oaxaca, October 2nd-11th

MEXICO | Monday, 22 October 2012 | Views [661]

this is what you see sometimes looking through a window in Oaxaca......

this is what you see sometimes looking through a window in Oaxaca......

 

to get to Oaxaca wasn't an easy task, but we knew it- the ever so beautiful mountains let us feel the ups and downs of life up close and personal with the temperatures rising and falling, it wasn't always easy for me to ignore my hot flashes and say: Even this will be over some day, but the rewards are greater, of course.....I wouldn't be doing this! One of which are the people again that took us in, right before Oaxaca on top of one of the hills next to the cuota. We only wanted to get some water, but the little old lady Sosina with her wrinkly smile, Beatrix, Emilza and Paulino didn't have to "twist our arms" to make us stay, set camp IN the restaurant, serve us breakfast and dinner with the most delicious mole I have ever tasted! The chicken, the eggs and the company  made it all another one of a most outstanding experiences in Mexico. And then came Oaxaca - better to say: we came to Oaxaca!
The very town I have visited 30 years ago and left ill with Hepatitis A after having been wrongly diagnosed for something else by a doc who gave me meds against the fever. I clearly remember dragging myself to the big bus station to take a bus to Vera Cruz, feeling the weakest ever in my life and after having looked in the mirror in the hotel thinking to myself: something is REALLY WRONG with you. Anyhow, I survived - clearly!
What a beautiful place, town - buzzing energy, friendly people amazing food and another great place to stay with friends of friends from back home in Marin - Fairfax and my beloved San Geronimo Valley. 
Though I had to go see a doc and I did - some big infection in my abdomen, pretty scary, especially, because I've been cycling and cycling and didn't feel so bad at all - not like having kidney stones or something......
The town and the docs - well, this time it worked out better....seems like I got the right treatment and learned to know some great people along the way - made new friends with the friends of the friends who are very gay in every way. Dipping into their world - mixing our worlds in the most beautiful place in the world, means the world to me!
Thank you Reid and John - may we meet again and be gay together. The best imaginable place surrounded by caring/loving people (including the Rosas) to get well and I did!!! Thank goodness.

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.