Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Zacatecas

MEXICO | Saturday, 4 August 2012 | Views [778]

Museum Zacatecas

Museum Zacatecas

Zacatecas from Wednesday to Sunday the 29th of July
Four days is not even enough in this town which seems to favor pedestrians. There are so many little walkways, alleys and stairs...countless and arranged like in a maze. Not just one, but countless cathedrals are speckling the city with its many parks and centers, museums and even a swiss build gondola taking people to one of the hills around which was used by Pancho Villa - the plaza of the revolution - to fight and look out for the enemies...
Mostly what I want to say is, that I needed this time off the bike without being sick, without to "have to" and focus on life in a different way. Four days was just barely enough and since Z has so many stairs and little narrow walkways, besides countless one way streets which get you lost easily if you play by the rules, we had to leave the bikes in the hostel. The hostel.......what a friendly place with a roof top kitchen and chairs and tables for outside eating. The rooms simple but clean and CHEAP - best place to stay and rest and not worry. We had to take all the panniers off our bikes and carry the bikes upstairs, which was a royal pain to say the least - even more reason to not leave for a while. 
Besides feeding my mind and sole with the beauty of the paintings in the various museums, I fed my body lots of amazing food - so fun not to be sick and have a dry, clean place to come home to.
A vacation from traveling- well earned and much needed: Thank you Z. what a pleasant surprise. 
Off to Guadalajara - a 300km journey....'till later....

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.