Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

biking and motorcycling

THAILAND | Wednesday, 31 March 2010 | Views [907]

On the bridge over the river Kwai

On the bridge over the river Kwai

Getting a "taste" for this country: Love the language, the food, the people. It seems all clean enough not to get sick (ok, it's only been -not even- 2 weeks since I left home - though it seems MUCH longer, but I am hopeful)

Was tempted today to sign myself into another Vipassana meditation center (silent meditation for 10 days), but didn't, just didn't...instead, stood under a waterfall, listened to Thai kids screaming while playing in the falling water and took a fast ride on a motorcycle - almost too fast for comfort, but enjoyable never -the- less.

Excited to go to Bangkok tomorrow by local bus (who wants to sit in an air conditioned tourist bus? I like the fans spinning sounds and the uncomfortable seats...)

But maybe I should wait and reflect after the ride from Bangkok to Krabi (16 hours towards more heat)

Done with Kanchanaburi for now. The museum about the POWs and the bridge over the river was enough to realize - once again- what people are capable of....

Tags: on the bridge over the river kwai

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.