Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

On the road again...

USA | Friday, 15 February 2019 | Views [325]

Moss Landing Otters - this is what they do...

Moss Landing Otters - this is what they do...

Thursday February 14th
 
We had two days of Sunshine, going over Devil’s Slide
through Santa Cruz to Monterey - up that steep Hill with the campground on top. Enough to feel secure again.......storm coming? What storm? Blue skies everywhere...mild temperatures, friendly seas, stars at night. When angels travel...Big Sur, we are coming...all I know about this amazing coast line is it’s beauty and the stunning formations build by wind and water where the shore meets the rock. Riding my Gurly along in the sunshine like it has always been that way.
Yesterday was different: The grey skies and the rain didn’t bother us when we entered Big Sur officially, but the wind gusts of 60mph about 15 miles down the road made me fear for our lives.
Right after James got blown across Highway 1 and way to close to a speeding RV right in front of my eyes, I was close to tears. I got off my bike and felt like quitting. Quitting what? We had to keep going to get somewhere to quit. Keep on going. The little town of Big Sur took us in and here we are for two days now hunkering down. Parks and Highways are closed. We are here contemplating the meaning of life for now....

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.