Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Tulua on the weekend

COLOMBIA | Wednesday, 24 April 2013 | Views [1003]

delish...

delish...

The next day cycling was beautiful, sunny...lots of gentle climbing. We decided to take a smaller, longer side road with a promise of less traffic. Climbed amongst the coffee plants after riding the flats for a while for warm up. We climbed another 1200m, rested on the side of the road before we got to the summit with a small local truck  offering us a Guanabana one of those large green spiky fruits that taste delicious but are very, very messy. The mosquitos ate me up while I was eating this scrumptious piece of nature in bliss about the taste and the view...
At the top of that mountain the little village of Sevilla made us feel like we were on top of the world with more beauty to look at and ice cream, sun and friendly people. A fully equipped soldier bowed to us when we told him how far we have cycled since last year. He held his hands in prayer. I dug out my camera but he wouldn't bow for the picture again. Instead he stood up straight like a real soldier and held his machine gun in front of his chest. Sure made me laugh out loud!
The descend into the clouds with thunder and lighting was just as beautiful. Ok I am not a wuzz!  - this was probably not an easy day but as mentioned before the bar had been raised again. Comparatively this was easy, a piece of cake, a walk in the park. Even the rain was sweet. We rode 110km with 1200m of climbing as mentioned earlier. 
The last 21km were flat and we rolled into Tulua where we connected with our "Warm Shower" host. 
Shower, dinner a room a bed, our own bathroom, garage for our bikes and they ask us if we wanted to stay another day ....well let's think about it: Twist my arm!

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.