Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Life is good

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 26 March 2013 | Views [273]

So I've started full time teaching, signed contract and everything so it looks like i'll be here for 6months, and I'm pretty happy about that.

The house is awesome, Tim even got a hammock for the deck which will be amazing in summer... Its definately getting hotter..

Teaching has been good, tiring though as I have to drive

around the city all day.. but its nice just teaching for an hour in the morning (2 1/2hr classes) then back home for lunch with Tim who has roughly the same breaks as me.. So its nice to get home, eat food on the floor and nap.. Then usually I have class in the afternoon till 4ish, then Wed-Fri I have classes till 6ish. So I have it easy and its good money.

Last weekend was good. Tim treated me to sushi one night.. just came home and there was a massive platter and beers waiting <3 and trust me sushi aint cheap here, I was very surprised. On friday we went to Sunny's show at madake which was awesome, and before hand we had drinks here and chatted, smoked a bit.. Its been real chill.

Been having these headaches though since friday night- and it was a shame cos on Sunday we were invited to a metal concert in 1 of the uni's here and I just couldn't enjoy it. The lights were hurting, we'd got lost on the way and i was super tiered.. Did havev an awesome meal though afterwards:)

When I was driving home the other day there was a police car trying to get through and of course it being Hanoi its near impossible!!! But the policeman in the car would bash the car with his trunchon.. it was hilarious.. AND the other day when I went over the bridge to work a guy did a u-turn at a place you shouldn't really do one, but again, being Hanoi no-one really follows rules.. but this police man jumps out from the pavement and starts bashing him whilst he's driving, just crazy! bbaahaha..

Hoping this week goes quickly, been feeling a bit meh, esp with this headache that just won't go away :(

Definately getting into life here, eating with chopticks is normal, driving like i'm the only person on the road is normal, beeping like a crazy person is normal.. Even kissing my teeth (which they ALL do here) has become normal.. I dare i say it.. having a maid is slightly becoming normal.. but it does annoy me. i haven't had chores in nearly 6months and I miss them. Haven't washed my own clothes since I left Aus nor washing plates for that matter- and weirdly I've become a house godess! Tim must think I'm a saint! ha?!

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.