Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

-1095-

THAILAND | Monday, 28 January 2013 | Views [363]

EEEEEE!!! So its the day, the day of the road trip and I'm sooo excited. Getting downstairs and seeing every one pumped is just awesome. The energy that is going round is awesome. FUUUCK man I can't wait. We eat, put our main bacgs in storage and wait for Frans to get back from the bank as the ATM swollowed his credit card. Luckly he gets it back and we're on the way. The sun is shining, everyone is driving well and we head out nicely and easily- not much traffic at all.

Getting onto the 1095 was good.. start off with some pics and a slow drive up. The roads are definately teasing us, we know they're gona get worse, but its a nice warm up. After about an hour or so we stop for lunch in a little roadside cafe and fuel up. I'm starving!! As we're leaving I bump into one of the girls from the squat again- Can't remember her name?! but it was funny to see yet another person from the squat making the trip to Pai.

Heading out we're all smiling and the scenery is stunning. But as we're leaving I notice that Evan has left his guitar in the cafe and he has to make a quick u-y to get it.. Thankgod it was spotted before we got too far- waste of gas, and there aren't that many spots to fill up. As we get into Pai however, Frans's scooter doesn't turn over, and we have to kick start it.... Hopefully it won't last and it was just a random act?

The roads are twisting and the music is pumping. Its just amamzing, super glad we're doing the trip and also with 3other guys- its just awesome. The roads get gradually worse, like a race track, its just intense, but its awesome fun. Getting into Pai in good time, took us around 5 and a bit hours.. But it didn't feel like it at all. Stop off for a beer and the feeling of exhustion kicks in... May have to be a quite one tonight..

Finding the hostel was actually easy. Or maybe thats cos Pai is tiny. But its super cute and I'm loving it already:) AAAAND the hostel seems to be sweet. The owner is high on opium and shows us to our "England bungalow" We actually managed to switch to one instead of dorm and pay the same price and be together.

Bless our little place. Its just 3 double beds and a single thrown on the floor and 2 bathrooms- CHOOOICE view and also hammocks!!! We throw our stuff down and sit on the deck for a bit... The view is just stunning, so glad we're all here and we made it with a crash.

After a bit we head out into town- scoot mob tearing the town.. We find a place in the middle of the market and have some food. Its just what I needed and we decided to check out the town. Again, we just seem to be eating:) I'm really enjoying the energy of the place.. Evan buys some cool as fishermans trousers and I find some leggins... we also find some lanterns to light back in the hostel and we also stop for some drinks in a little bar- we stop off at another thats on the way back, and grabbing some drinks for the fire.

Getting back to the hostel, we light our lanterns to signal our safe arrival in Pai and its lovely. They never get boring. I love them and it was nice doing one all together, making a wish:)

We end up having drinks round the camp fire. Bumping into more guys from Chiang Mai- turns out to be good evening. Everyone is getting on the guitars, a girl plays an awesome remix of a 50cent song- and Evan busts out his moves and has a babble of girls around him at the end of it.. But after a mad dash to the 7/11 at 1am and picking up a hitch hiker and driving him back to the hostel, its time for bed! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SUCH A GOOD DAY!!!!!!

Tags: fire, lanterns, memories, pai, road trip, scooters, smiles, widing roads

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.