Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Found friends

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 29 December 2012 | Views [391]

Its Saturday. My first and last weekend in KL.

I get up around 12ish 1 and the boys are having a boy day playing zombie computer games and I don't really fancy it. I decided to head out, get some water and some food..

As I'm walking through Chinatown I walk past people, as you obviously do.. But these tattoos catch my attension. I keep walking, but I'm just too curious. I turn around and Its my Finnish friend from back in Phuket! We stare at each other dumbstruck- I had no idea he was in KL, I thought he was still in Cambodia! It was a shock but its was awesome. I've never bumped into someone like that before randomly in another country. He ends up joining me for some lunch, so I take him to the curry house I went to the other day and we get a feed in. Chattin away we decided to head onto the free bus and tour around KL for free. We end up getting off early as the traffic is very heavy and we grab a coffee.. Its so nice to catch up with him, I've always enjoyed his company. We walk around just getting lost and finding new things in the city. Its good for him as he's here for a month doing his DJing course.. We get on the monorail, which was my first time and he happily obliged my odd request to get on it! By now its quite late and we're both hungry. We get back to Chinatown and he's telling me he's in the mood to "judge" people hahaha.. His way of people watching, and wrong English, makes me giggle!!! We grab a beer, then grab some food with a PRIME judging spot for him.  Afterwards we decided to go out and check out the music spots in town. So we arrange to meet at his hostel, which happens to be in the street behind mine, so we head off to shower/change etc...

I get to the hostel and he's chatting with the guy that works at his hostel and knows some places to go.. and it turns out he'll need pants to go out in KL.. So we end up doing late night shopping... Its easy, and we find him a really nice pair of trousers, just what he wanted.. But everyone in the store is coming upto me saying "ahh your husband..." man they're obessed with it here, I can't be bothered to argue!

We get in a cab and get to this "happening place" in KL, its about a 20min drive and I dont' think the driver is happy to have to drive that far.. Once we get there its just like a huge casino, but there is a buliding exactly like Aladins cave.. and we're snapping shots!

We stop at the 7/11 for some beers and continue to find this club..

Ends up being closed down?! Wtf. We're both confused and just wanting to get somewhere. So we get in another cab to take us back- and there was already a chick in the cab- Didn't say a word.. Odd. The cab driver is lovely, from India.. So of course I'm nattering away about India, just can't shut me up! Half way through the drive this chick gets a call.. Shes angry. She is quite scary.. and Mauri starts singing "roooooxanne, You don't have to put on the red light, Those days are over, You don't have to sell your body to the night..." hahahahahahaaa... She's a hooker!!!! Hillllarious!

We arrive at this club we were told about, and the que is huge. Some how, I don't know how he did it but we're in, VIP free entry! hahaha.. We walk around this "techno" club, and its not good.. I mean, it is for them, not us Europens who know Techno music and its just not our kinda music.. But we have a drink, "judge people" but after an hour or so we're bored. We end up going back to Chinatown, and I say to Mauri he's welcome to come back to mine for some drinks, its only 2 and the others will be there...

When we get back you can hear them before you see them. They're drunk, been to a karekoe night and are singing away with the guitar.. Even Tony the Chinese chap is there, drunk- must be in his 50s! He's awesome and they're all calling him "Mr Miyagi"hahaha! What a legend... We end up playing some daft drinking games and its all going well, Mauri and I are enjoying ourselfs... BAM! All of a sudden I have drink in my lap and Ash and Aaron are confronting each other. Ash had banged his drink across the table.. And Aaron was not happy. Mauri and I are just sitting there like WTF? It starts getting a bit heated so I get up and back Aaron off, and this chick too.. It kinda cools down, but Mauri isn't happy to be involved with it, I don't blame him.. But I'm annoyed that my friend has to leave cos of Ash so I kick off.... We say goodbye and arrange a lunch date tomorrow.

It doesn't get any better. Its just worse and worse, he's getting personal, stupid everyone tells him to go to bed.. I can't remember alot of it, but I'm upset- We're ALL upset by him and then we're told to get off the roof, it is 5am.. And we decided to continue drinking in the park opposite.

He follows.. aaarrrrgh!! And he comes coming upto me! "oh your friend was looking for an excuse to leave", "your a b*&^$h" etcetc, and he just wouldn't leave off. I know he's drunk, so I'm telling him to leave me along, we'll talk tomorrow, its ok.. but he just won't STOP! Aarons getting annoyed, so him and I and this chick walk off to get rid. He finds us, still.. Pushing, calling me names (we all know by this point he has a crush) but i've had it. Before I know it I've smacked him in the face and he's fallen back.. Shocked, everyone is. I AM!!! But i was fed up, angry and yeh, drunk....

The night just ends up with us bitching on a street corner and by then I'm so over the day.. And it was SUCH A GOOD ONE! I just wana go to bed- and I'm hoping he's not there......

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.