Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Drama!

VIETNAM | Monday, 8 April 2013 | Views [327]

The last couple of weeks have been hard. Very hard, not just with work, but 2 motorbike accidents, both Tim and I got food posioning and i had to miss a few classes cos of the accident. Mine wasn't that bad compaired to Macca's. I had a bit of road rash on my knee and my elbow. I wan't going fast and this guy just randomly sweervd, god knows why and i saw it happening, beeped and all, but no. He had to swerve and smash into me. No one stops in here to help you as they're liabel for your accident.. Hence why they just drive off.. I was stuck under the bike so I couldn't lift them off me.. Called the bike guys and they came to collect it, called my boss- had to cancel the class I was on my way too.. And as Tim was working I managed to get hold of Sunny who lives close by and he came to get me- Took me back to his, my foot was killing, couldn't walk well- we watched Game of Thrones till Tim came over.

Macs though had a pretty nasty crash just this weekend gone. Got a phone call just as we were getting into bed, and straight away I knew something was up- We left for the hospital, met this French guy who'd helped them and found them in the public (nasty) hospital. Macca was ok- in alot of shock, some bad cuts up and down her and had no memory of what happened. Erica though, shit! Face is totally swollen, her teeth will need some work, but nothing chipped! They were both so lucky. Apparently a taxi had been in the wrong side of the road and she attemped to swerve and hit it! Taxi just drove off.. Left them lying there! Thankgod for Nelson, the French chap. He spoke with Tim and gave us directions. We were moved to the private French hospital down the road, thankfully. The other hospital was very dirty, blood stained sheets, that wasn't theres...

The other hospital was good, clean at least. Had to fill out forms and get them x-rayed. It wass a long night. We left around 6am after being there 4/5hrs! The police came for details etc.. And turns out they want to deport Macs?! Which they can't do, it wasn't her fault. Thankfully her school represted her with Vietnamese staff translating.. They want her to pay for the cab, which hasn't been found?! Sounds as they're trying to get money out of her, and she had to appear in court today which is so ott!!! Should be ok. All they want for this cab is 2million dong, which is around $100... its nothing! but its still the point. They're also making her pay for not having a license, which is only like $50! Drama! She's back to school tomorrow though, but Erica will have to stay here a bit long as she was only passing through to visit macs and Tim as they taught in Korea together...

Apart from that and the illnesses its all been good. Found some new places to drink which are so quirky and obviously owned by an expat. They both have awesome roof decks and good music.

Tim's band have a gig next week which is exciting!

Met up with Mike the other week round at Flo's flat.. We all got together to watch the new series of Game of Thrones.. Had beers, pizza's, good night. Shame that Mike's off back to the U.S though. Glad to have seen him it had been a month! Evan is due soon, and thats very exciting!

Can't believe its my birthday next month! This year is already going so fast! Gona try go to Ha Long Bay with Tim and maybe macca and a few others... It'll probably be joint with Macs as her's is on the 16th! Can't wait!!! Maybe I should start reminding people?! lol. Getting out the city will be well deserved.. Need a brake from Hanoi for a little while for sure!

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.