Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Visa day

LAOS | Tuesday, 19 February 2013 | Views [240]

I get up early and Dom is just dead to the world, I hope he'll get up and make it in time.. I head out on the pushy and enjoyed my cycle down.. The sun is coming up and its quite and peacful (untill the main road.., but its not too bad) I arrive at the embassy and its closed, got the times wrong, aaargh!I try and find somewhere with wifi so I can kill some time, but there isn't anything.. I notice a coffee house and decided to grab a coffee.. I notice that they have computers where I can upload my photos etc.. This'll kill some time:)

There wasn't that many people waiting when I get there and I'm in and out in 20mins, still no Dom? Gotta come back tomorrow to collect my passport and I'm good to go!

Dom's still in bed when I get back and I pester him some more to get up and go.. But nothing.. I'm in time for brekkie so I head down and munch away on my omellette. I bump into Frans and he and Stijn wanted to check out bus times etc...

There are no buses.. ffffaaark! Can't leave early cos we have to enter Vietnam on the date we stated on the visa, which is still 2 days away.. Hopefully they'll be bus otherwise we have to leave a day late on Thursday.. Apparently cos of Tet there have been reduced buses and people have been stuck for a few days waiting! 

We decided to head to the pool again, its not as crazy now as kids are in school and its way more chilled... Read my book and chill out for a bit.. 

After awhile though I wana go for a bike ride and leave the boys to it.. I have a cycle around, use some internet time.. Everything here is far out of the city and tuks are expensive and I wana save my money- so there isn't really much to do.. But chilling out like this is enjoyable seeing as back in Vang Veing it was madness.. As I head back to the hostel I decided to check 1more time with the buses.. 

HAPPY DAYS there IS a bus now leaving Wednesday!!!! YAAAY! I leave some money as a deposit and race back to tell the boys.. Happen to find them outside eating and tell them.. 

After some arji bahji we arrnage to travel with this company.. Its a sleeper bus, cheap and of course leaving on Wednesday... THankgod we've got them!!!!!!!!

Still feeling like I don't wana drink- Frans and I manage to find a guy who has a laptop and we ask if we can watch a film... It was a nice change, haven't chilled like this in awhile:)

Food and bed.. Gotta get MAH VISA TOMORROW!!!

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.