Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Chimping ouuuut

LAOS | Monday, 18 February 2013 | Views [226]

So I get up, have the free brekkie at the hostel, which is actually very good, they even have a menu which isn't usually the case.. Stijn and I decide to grab a pushy and walk around trying to find the cheap place we walked past the other day.. After walking the wrong way, we find the place but what's even weirder is that you have to leave your passport, for a bike!!! Weird.. Manage to leave my drivers license as I can't leave my passport cos I gotta sort out my visa for Veitnam tomorrow.. All is good so we head back.. 

Dom, Mike & I decided to hit up the swimming pool.. We get there, but its not like the one back in Luang Prabang.. But its a pool and its hot..

aaargh! Its a weekend, and there are too many kids around splashing and shit so I decided to head out for a little cycle around, can't relax here with all this screaming.

My bike ride was extremely enjoyable... Checked out the river, the monuments and even saw a big gate, simular to the Arc De Triumph called "monument?!" It was super pretty so I cycle over to have a walk around. Its suuuper hot, and there are fountains and parks.. As I'm walking towards the park I notice Stijn chatting to some Monk's.. They were having a little convo and we take pictures which was nice. Had a little chat with Stijn for a bit, but then headed out.. Stijn had a map that had the Veitnamese embassy on, and its only round the corner so I head over to check it out and also know where its gona be for tomorrow so I won't get lost..

Embassy has been closed for 2 weeks due to Tet (Chinese NY) So I'm guessing tomorrow (Monday) is gona be hell busy... 

I cycle back and head to the internet cafe and happen to bump into Mum & Dad on sykpe which was a nice surprise.. I really enjoyed talking with them, shame Tom was in bed asleep still!!

When I got back to the hostel the guys were ready for dinner and saw a pizza place around the corner.. We get there and I'm drooling at the sight of the food.. Real pizza oven but a bit over my budget :-( But the pad kaprow that I ordered was lovely.. The pizza's looked amazing, and smelt awwwwwesome! After dinner we head to the night market to have a look around then onto the roof top bar which you can see all over the market, it was very nice but I'm not in the mood to drink still.. Dom's very quite which isn't like him.. Thinking he must be ill still?

I head out early as I've gotta be up early to get to the embassy on good time.. Hope Dom will get up ;-) hehehe

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.