Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

New city

LAOS | Sunday, 17 February 2013 | Views [194]

So we are the first on our mini bus, and Stijn and I race for the solo seats.. The bus gets full but I'm comffffyyy!! We set off and the journey is hell easier than the one coming from Luang Prabang, the roads aren't as twisty and I'm feeling on form. We stop off half way and I grab an icecream and before you know it we've arrived in Veitene.. As we drive by we spot the Dutch group, AGAIN! Everywhere we go there they are.. haha, its like a game now. We've been dropped off in an random place and we get a tuk cos I aint walking around town with this bag and its not costing that much..

The hostel isn't too bad and we all race for the bottom bunks like a set of children.... AAAAA I get a bottom one!! YEEEAHHH buddy! Annnd my light is working :-) We are pretty hungry and go for a walk for some food. Its so hot here I think it maybe time to wear shoes again? We settle for an awesome kebab with actual pitta bread and it was DELISHH!.. Afterwards I leave the boys for the internet cafe as I have some emails to see too etc, and end up meeting them back at the hostel.

Dinner was just amazing- I took the boys to their first Korean BBQ and I was thrilled that they enjoyed it. It was super tasty and cheap! We had spicy sausage and it came with lots of sides.. Just perfect.. To end the night we check out the local market and then head to the roof top bar which is lovely- You can also see Thailand from across the water.. I miss Thailand!!!! I call an early night though, not feeling the booze or the crazyness......

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.