Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Blue lagoon, or should I say blue pond

LAOS | Friday, 15 February 2013 | Views [275]

Maybe going back to my room would be the sensible thing to do, cos walking back in the morning in the heat is very tiering.. I grab my togs and bits and head back to meet Taya. We're off to the blue lagoon with Frans, Dom, Varvera and Mike which will be a nice afternoon. Taya and I eat in the other friends bar cos she reakons its better and then meet the boys ready to find a tuk. 

When we get there I'm like "K, this is a pond, not a lagoon.." I love the way they have to spruce things up in SE to make it seem more amazing. We find a little area to sit in and I'm very disapointed that I forgot my book.. :( 

The water is filthy. Its so gross, and full of fish. Nah, no swimming for me.. There's cool swings and stuff and you can jump of the tree, but Its just so filthy.. Not for me, so I head back to the grass, grab some chips and just hang in the sun- Its super hot. Unfortuantely a group of young annoying English sit too close to us and its just annoying me, in a funny way.. aaaragh! Feeling very tiered and I'm over drinking now.. I need to leave VV. Its like Koh Phangan round 2, you have your party and then you just need to leave. The others head into the cave, but I'm seriously not in the mood, so I snooze outside. Mike and Varvera went in and took ages coming out, we were all joking that they were off having cave sex... By the point they came out, it was quite late in the arvo and it was getting quite cold so we head back. 

Taya & I are keen for some mushie shakes this evening, so we arrange to meet back at the Irish bar. We grab some food just Frans, Dom, Mike & Varvera and it was ok, but they gave me the wrong meal and I was so hungry and running late by this point I just ate it.. hhhmmm... I get ready and head down to the bar, have a drink and then we get our shakes...

Well, its tea now as the bar had a full "hidden" menu... We sit down and drink our tea.. mmm trrrrrriiiipy! We head on over to the funky monkey bar where they said they'd be and alreay I'm feeling wierd. I have bad tummy cramps and these mushies are making it a bit worse and its making me feel confused and a bit sick so I ask Taya if she'd sit outside with me till it passes... 

Maaaaaan I am WAAASTED! I can't sit with the group, its just too odd, and I can't stop going to the toilet and the toilet to me seems tiny and at a right angle.. I'm walking around as if there is a tiny cieling.. hahaha... Bless Stijn he's bought me an oj cos I'm feeling wierd... I'm ok, just wanting to get out of this bar! We sit by the side looking out into the river, and its just crazyyyyness.. So many colours.. I gra Taya and tell her we've gotta leave and find nature.. 

Walking up the road is hilarious and I'm instantly feeling tons better... We walk to her hostel and to the back garden where the owner is having a fire- He ends up taking us to the top of the path and out into the old airstrip.. and the stars were just amaaaazing... We sit there for ages, but Taya is slowly coming down and she wants more, so we head back to the bar for another cup.. The same French guys are still there, totally wasted with piles of left over happy pizza, smoking pot and laughing they're tits off.. Its hilarious and they've been there for ages.. 

We go back to the strip and walk around, talking crap and tripping out. Its a weird place. They seem to come here at night, pitch black and just drive up and down the old air strips on the scoots.. Super odd. We decided to find the guys cos Taya didn't take the room key- but when we get there they're closing and they've obviously gone to the jungle party- Its ok though, everything closes at 2am, so we just have to hang around for 2 hours...

We sit outside the hostel for a bit, chatting, sitting by the fire.. But its getting late, and I'm sleepy- I say goodbye and bump into Aaron anyway which is good as Taya won't be locked out for long.. He said it was pretty crap though, so I don't feel like I've missed anything at least. But I just want my bed!!!

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.