Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Tuuuuubing!

LAOS | Wednesday, 13 February 2013 | Views [215]

I wake up and walk over to my hostel and hope that the boys are there and up for tubing, cos I'd rather do it with them in a big group. CHOOOICE, they're keen and we get ready and meet the others at the friends bar. We have some brekkie.. Mine includes vodka/lemonade.. ;-) ehehe..  Its getting quite late in the day so we pick up the pace and head over to buy some booze and a bucket and head out to the pick up location which is just down the road. 

We have to pay quite a bit as a deposit and you get charged more the longer your out. Note to self. We get our tubes, get in the tuk and we're driven up the road to the top of the river. We sit down on our tubes and start mixing the drinks whilst waiting for the others as we couldn't all get in the same one... Its not long before they come and we push ourselves in the river.. Its quite cold, and my ring is too big hahha. Its very amusing floating down river holding onto each others tubes so we could have a little chat as we go.. Its quite shallow in places and you have to lift you bum up a bit so it doesn't scrap along the pebbles, hahha. AAAHH man this is funny, there are alot of us aswell. What makes it even more funny is that there are loads of Japanese tourist in kanoes taking photos of us.. and getting splashed by the oars... 

We drift along a bit further untill we notice a bar.. Strange that its still open, cos we were under the impression all bars along the river side were closed down? WHO CARES, I need to pee and buy some smokes... Its quite funny up in the bar, we play football, have a little chat.. and I'm definately getting loose.... After maybe an hour we get back in the river and float along the river banks.. There are even people selling beers on the banks of the river.. hahha.. aaahhh its super funny, and I'm enoying myself alot, but I'm getting very very drunk!!! We just laze around holding onto each other by our hands or feet and there must be about 7 of us in a huddle floating down the river... 

Its getting dark and we've not made it to the end and we've lost the others who were ahead of us. Chris and I are the last out and all I remember from that moment on was getting outta the river, into the tuktuk and waking up on the floor of the bathroom at 11pm... No idea how I got back, what time.. Nothing. Haven't been sick though.. WINNING! I've woken up drunk though and I need food. I walk down the road and find the boys in the friends bar. How are they not as drunk as me?! DAMN JAGA!!!! Ggrrrrr.. I manage to scoff a burger before walking back to the room, there is NOWAY I am going out in this state......

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.