Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Interview

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 26 February 2013 | Views [354]

I get up quite late, and there's a message on my phone from Pete asking if I've eatern and if not he'll bring back some food.. Bless him. Can't remember again what its called, but its fat noodles, beef, eel, onion and lettace with quail eggs.. Its delish! Starting to like the food here.. But still missing the spice!

I slowly start getting ready for this interview and work out that its around 6clicks away so the cab shouldn't be stupidly expesive.. Walking up the ally ways was hard, felt a bit lost at times, but I manage to get to the main road and hail a cab which was the company Pete recommended. Its a ok drive, the traffic is a bit slow, but I left in pleanty of time and I'm even early! The school is very nice and I'm getting stared at the whole time and being told I'm beautiful and where is my husband... lol. I meet the director who's lovely and a guy- for some reason I was thinking it was a woman?! He surprises me by telling me his teacher for the afternoon class can't come and if I can take over for an hour! eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr whhhhat? I'm not prepaired, nothing. But I agree and head down with him. F**k I'm scared. We get some flash cards and some playdough and get into the class room. They're all so cute and can speak very good English, better than some of the kids I taught back in Thailand... 

We end up having a nice afternoon, still crapped myself and I was glad that there was another teacher in there, cos they're wild. They don't sit for long, they constantly scream... Wow I was tiered after just 1hour.. Am I really cut out for kindy?! We played with playdough, making animals, sang songs, played a few games... It was a nice afternoon and they even paid me for that hour, which was nice of them. 

I have a missed call from Pete when I get out and I'd forgotten that we arrnaged to have dinner, but I didn't realise at the time that I was gona teach.. He's cool though and says to meet him later. I give Tim a quick buzz to see where he is. He's been at his band practise all afternoon and we did arrange to meet up maybe for some shisha and a beer?

I decided on walking back. For some reason i really want to walk- Its about 45mins, but didn't feel like it till I stopped and my feet were vibrating. Thank god for google maps though otherwise I may have got a little lost.. But it was a nice way to see a bit more of the city. Meet Tim at the top of the rabbit holes and he takes me out for some food. I am SUPER hungry after that walk... We have the same fuh dish, but without the soup.. It was very good, yuuuuum. We then jump on the scoot and head over west lake for some shessha.. I love the drive and sitting side saddle (I'm still in my teaching clothes) and I'm enjoying this feeling of things starting to work out.. Friends, job, home.. Just a shame my boys have left.. Miss them heaps! 

The bar is looking out over the lake, and its very pretty.. We enjoy a few beers till I realise that I need to get back to a computer cos its time for the Canadian visa applications to open... Bless Tim he gets me back to his very quickly.. But what was the point. The website has crashed, he has bad internet reception and we're still trying at 2am... Its not long before I give the middle finger to the website and go to bed zzzzzzzz

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.