Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Old friends.... and new places

VIETNAM | Sunday, 24 February 2013 | Views [421]

I remember waking up at some point of the night with Stijn asking for a blanket.. Think we had them all? 

Getting up again, missed brekkie. Stijn was still asleep and Matt had left for the tour and left me a little note which i'm gona add to my scrap book <3 Such a lovely guy I do hope to meet him again some where.... I head back to the hostel and grab a coffee. Plan to meet Pete soonish, so I just stay away from bed and stay on the computer. Its a nice day out and I decided to wear shorts which was deifnatley strange. The rest of the group come over trying to book their tour and it seems they've found more people to add to their group- MAN I'm jealous! 

Skype Pete to arrange to meet here at 2ish. I'm really looking forward to it. Haven't seen him in 2 1/2 years, back in NZ and he's been here nearly 6months so I'm hoping he can show me some new places... When he gets here he's on a bike, apparently cost him $100, super jealous its an awesome machine but I am nervous about getting on the back of the bike in this crazy traffic! hhhhmm

Isn't too bad and its awesome weather and I'm seeing new places. Can't wait to get settled and get a bike and I start thinking about if Catba is a good idea, I can't run away from teaching forever....?? We have a nice lunch in a place that Pete knew and managed to get the terrace table which had an awesome view over the road. The food was LUUUSH too. We have a little drive around so I can buy a phone. Its about time and if I'm staying for awhile I need to be contactable... We stop in some clothes shops too, still wouldn't mind a coat/shoes and trousers.. Bless Pete for putting up with it:-) We find a phone, on sale for $70AUD which isnt' too bad for a andriod smart phone- This has to be the last one for awhile, can't afford another phone braking/getting stolen.... Get a chip too and I'm alllll set up, super excited.

I'm really enjoying this drive, seeing other parts of Hanoi and that its a lovely city. We head back to Petes and bump into some of his roomies when we were picking up beers from the shop and they're nice:) Where Pete lives is in these ally ways, they remind me of rabbit tunnels.. They're super tiny, narrow and you have to beep at every corner cos they're aren't any mirrors, its chaos but super cool- I'd get SO lost in these its insane. Getting into the flat was a relief, I'm tiered! We drink some beers n chill out- The flat is really nice and full of expact teachers and I'm told there is a room coming avaliable only in a few weeks.. hhhmmm.. More reasons to stay perhaps, is this a sign?? There's actually a house party tonight so we drive back to my hostel so I can change my clothes and head on over.. Its not too far from where Pete lives and we had to drive across this amazing road through west lake which is just super beautiful, wow... I'm really enjoying Hanoi and espcially getting out of the old quater....

By the time we get to the party everyyyyyone is loose. Playing beer pong and all. I don't know anyone and I'm feeling people are just very involoved in their drinking.. The view from this apartment is amaazing and I get lost looking out the window smoking ciggerettes looking over west lake. I chat to some people who were very nice and have my photo taken cos I'm wearing my crazy blackmilk galaxy leggins.. Its a nice atmosphere but I'm not really in the mood to get loose at all. I end up meeting another of Pete's friends and we hit it off straight away, he's very charming from Canada and is a musican who also teaches. We have so much in common its rather scary and Pete's got the biggest grin on his face " I knew use would hit it off..." and he's right... hhhmm, feeling very giiggle and girly, whats with that?!!?!?!!?! 

The party dies down after awhile and a group of us want some food. So we all get downstairs to the garage and get on the scoots heading to "food street." When we get there I reconise it to be the same place we did kareoke in just the other night, hahaha.. We get some "fuh" Not sure how its spelt.. but its lush. Its like noodle soup with beef, coriander and onion and you get this bread that is like douhnuts with out the sugar, mmm its wonderful:) We drive back and head to bed.. Such a good night. The community here is brilliant and I can't wait to be a part of it

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.