Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Vang Vieng

LAOS | Monday, 11 February 2013 | Views [422]

Getting up this morning I feel rotten, I can't eat anything and I can't stop going to the toilet- I know I have to make this journey so I just get on with it, but its super painful. The bus is there already but I can't bear to sit on it just yet, need as much fresh air as possible, so I just dump my bag down and sit outside till I'm told to get on. Straight away I need the toilet and its tiny, can bearly fit in it.. Its like Harry Potters cupcoard under the stairs.. but at least there is one! I decided to take some valium and get as much sleep in as possible.. The roads are very windy and its quite uncomfortable as Dom and I are quite tall and there isn't enough room for both of us- I get my sleeping bag on into a cucoon and drift off.

We stop off at a really pretty view point over the valleys, we're very high up! I manage some food and more toilet time, but its back on the bus..

Thankfully we get there, I've been napping most of the time, thankfully and I feel a bit better just getting off and getting into a tuk.. The town is quite small and its not long till we get to our hostel. When we get there though there isn't a room for us, even though I booked a 4bed room for us.. There is 1 bed in a 16 bed dorm, but where would they expect the other 3 to go? They have obviously just given the room away and bookings as there isn't anything- After awhile there is a 3 bed room avaliable?! but by this point we're a bit irritated and I don't really want to give them my custom/money so I ask for my deposit back, its not alot, but its prinipal. The boys head out to look for somewhere else, while they sort this money out- and apparently the manager is away and they then start to barter with me for them not to give me my money! So at this point i'm highly pissed off and just want to leave... After them trying to give me half the money back and to sign for it before they give it to me, its done and I join the boys over the road- They've got us 2 twin rooms with ensuite with telly (so they can watch the footy) and its cheaper than a dorm over the road would of been.. WIIIIINING!

I jump over the road and grab some food, I'm feeling tons better and I get us all some beers, and its hell cheaper than back in Luang Prabang:) Dom and I play some games waiting for the boys to get ready. When they are we head out to a hostel bar and drink some buckets- The hostel is pretty nice, they're showing jackass the movie, haha. I'm enjoying the atmosphere but this bloody redbull isn't over powering the left over valium still in my system and I end up having a moy in the bar.. zzzzzzz

A Dutch girl the boys met I think back in Chiang Mai turns up with a mate and they take us out to some other bars around. Not much is open, and after 23:30 it all closes, apart from The Moon nightclub, god knows what that'll be like.. We go to a bar called LaLa Land where you can play beer pong.. Dom wins to Stijn and Dom wins against me, and I'm wasted by this point... So we head over to the mooooooon...

What a wierd place, full of farang, its quite funny. I leave the boys to the girls and join in on some group of girls who I meet in the toilet and dance with them for a bit.. It was a good little night but when its over we hear of an after party back at NaNa's guesthouse, the very guesthouse that we had issues with, haha, i'll come back...

I find a bottle of rum, no owner... Mine.

Before I know it the boys have left, I'm with an Aussie dude and a cool guy from South London and we just drink listen to DnB and then walk to the shop at around 4am for more.. Smashed. Totally smashed, such a good night.... ;-)

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.