Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

GOOOOOD MORNING LUANG PRAAAABANG

LAOS | Friday, 8 February 2013 | Views [179]

Feeling much better for staying in, feeling hungry too. Frans, Stijn & I head out for some brekkie. I like the French feel around LP and the look of the food.. We find a nice little bakery cafe place and order food-

Its pretty good, and I manage to eat it all :) Its blooming hot mind, and we get back to the hostel. Dom's foot is still playing up and I offer to take him to the hospital. We get a tuk and get down there, thankfully its not too far and he's seen pretty quickly. They start picking off the skin and its rank. Can't watch. He has about 4 nurses in and 1 doctor at one point, haha. I walk with the nurse to pay for the treatments and stuff and the hospital is pretty bit- but there are alot of people with tumours on their faces and that, its pretty sad.

Our tuk driver is still waiting for us, bless him and we get back. We walk up the high street to get these antibiotics that the doctor mentioned- grab some food and chimp out at the hostel. I can't do much in this heat and my belly still doesn't feel right...

Mike comes over, he's arrived a day behind us and he's heard that going up the temple on the mountain to watch sunset is pretty awesome, so we head out there. Muggins here didn't wear long enough shorts and I feel a bit bad walking around the temple in short shorts.

The sun set was amazing, but I wasn't ready for the crowds!!! Laos seems pretty awesome, and watching the sun come down over the river was beautiful:) Heading down we grab some food. I get a pizza, but just can't eat it. Grab it for take away.

We head back, grab some beers and chill out at the hostel- After a few we head out to the bowling ally where you can drink upto 2am as everywhere in Laos will close around 23:30-00:00!

I didn't expect that I tell you- We play some bowling- no shoes, have some beers, great time.. But when the crowds come in from town comes in, its time to go, its too noisy..... Bowling is difinately funny choice night:)

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.