Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep

THAILAND | Sunday, 3 February 2013 | Views [215]

Evan, Frans, Mike and I decided to rent scoots and drive up to the most holiest temple here in CM. Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep.

Before heading there though we have to find the bus terminal to buy our tickets to Chiang Kong where we'll be doing our boarder cross into Laos. That was a pickle in itself and we get lost in Chinatown.. We make it, get our tickets, they're pretty cheap and the bus looks

Its quite a drama getting the god damn things as its peek season and everyone is renting. Howeever we get them, and after getting a bit lost on the 1 way streets we get to the road, after a hell lot of traffic, and driving with Frans on the back was super hard with all the weaving in and out of traffic, put alot of strain on my wrists :( BUT we make it and the roads quite simular to Pai, but the journey isn't as long- we get to a pretty cool look out point and you can see all over the city.. We stop for some food as none of us have really eatern and then jump back on the road.

We reach the temple and its pretty stocked up with traffic, but we find a parking spot and head on up the masssssive stair case to the top. Me and Evan end up paying, but Frans and Mike didn't- It seems sometimes that paying isn't necessary and its annoying how they make you feel like you have to.

However the temple and view is amazing, there are bells littered around the sides and its amazing, best temple yet. I take a walk inside where the actual holy part is and its amazing, seriously amazing. Beats the grand palace in Bangkok by far. Bump into the boys and we get our proficies and mines telling me not to go away, odd as we're leaving tomorrow!? spppooooky.. Get blessed by the monk and write on a robe thats gona get wrapped round a tree... So it was a really nice day, really enjoyed it:)

On the way back we stop off at a waterfall, but it was too cold by that point to swim, so we just chill out and climb up the top which was awesome.

UUURRRRRRMMM, where are the keys? Again, I've lost them- aaaargh

Mike finds them on a rock, a bloody ROCK! I can't be incharge of anything I swear.

Getting back was ok, still a bit of traffic- UNTILL we hit the wall and its bloody Sunday market and the roads are closed off... Frans gets off and walks, and I manage to find a route back- CM and the wall are very confusing with the 1 ways and that, so I'm happy to get back.

Mike & Evan actually ended up driving through the market, cheeky buggers, hahahaha!

We head over the market to get some food, get some awwwwesome sushi and Frans gets a linen shirt- bump into that Dutch guy- super wierd, and annoying ahaha. We loose Kirby and Dom though and by this point it starts raining, so we head back incase it gets worse. We head to Julies, grab some beers, play some pool and before long they turn up.

Maccers deliverrrrryyyy!!!!! 17/11.. We are all obsessed with delivery and mega macs and cos its late and we didn't get much at the market it seems like a good idea. NOT. Took me AAAGES. At first they thought we were in Bangkok, then they couldn't understand maga mac and big mac.. MAN it was hard and 40mins later we have ordered.

1.5hr later, nothing. I've got food grump and Stijn has put the idea in my head that we should just GO and get maccers. So we do. We drive up the road, get the meals get back and BAM IT CAME ALREADY! We have SO much maccers its just vile but awesome. Not after eating 2 mega macs and half a double fillet of fish that Stijn couldn't finish.

BED TIME. I feel like shit. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.